Though most prattling pundits don’t seem to notice, grassroots organizing makes all the difference in high-stakes elections where we fight for every vote. Convergence and The Forge reached out to organizers whose intense and persistent work at the base—within and beyond the election cycle—played a crucial role in blocking the red wave this year. We asked them what worked, what didn’t, where we need to keep our focus for the fight ahead. This first set of responses includes:
- Make the Road Action—Daniel Altschuler, Maegan Llerena, Leo Murietta
- Texas Gulf Coast Area Labor Federation—Jay Malone
- West Virginia Can’t Wait—Katey Lauer
- Worker Power, AZ—Brendan Walsh
- Voces de la Frontera Action—Christine Newmann-Ortiz
Featured image courtesy of UNITE HERE Local 11 via Facebook.